Monday, August 22, 2011

Sketching Paris

When I moved from Morocco to Paris earlier this year, I started receiving inquiries. Again and again I was asked if I would be replacing my Moroccan Dispatches blog with a new blog focusing on my Parisian adventures.

My answer was always a tentative 'no'. I wasn't sure how long I was going to be in Paris. It was possible I wouldn't find a job or perhaps wouldn't get working papers. And one particular anxiety haunted my thoughts: writing about Paris would be different from writing about Meknes, Morocco. You see, it's kind of been done before.

More and more, though, it appears that the City of Light wants to keep me around. So, it's the least I can do to try to return the favor. My goal is to put my personal experience of Paris into words and images for my readers around the world.

Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment