Monday, March 26, 2012

David Sedaris Agrees With Me

Comedian David Sedaris is now jumping on the bandwagon. After my musings a few months ago about my first doctor's appointment in Paris, Mr. Sedaris felt compelled to chime in with his two cents.

Writing for some publication called The New Yorker, he says:
One thing that puzzled me during the American health-care debate was all the talk about socialized medicine and how ineffective it’s supposed to be. The Canadian plan was likened to genocide, but even worse were the ones in Europe, where patients languished on filthy cots, waiting for aspirin to be invented. I don’t know where these people get their ideas, but my experiences in France, where I’ve lived off and on for the past thirteen years, have all been good.

While Mr. Sedaris' reputation for exaggeration might cause one to question his description of French medicine, I can assure my readers of the impossibility that exaggeration and hyperbole might cross the pages of my blog.

Cost burden and sustainability aside, one thing is sure whoever you trust and however you look at it: there's no way escaping that French health care really isn't all that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment