Thursday, March 8, 2012

Today it felt like spring

Today it felt like spring.

What that is exactly and how wonderful it feels...I can't really explain. But I do know that opening my shades to a shining sun is a bizarre and yet utterly pleasing abnormality. The winter is not cruel in Paris, but, much like its inhabitants, it is not exactly welcoming.

Perhaps after two Moroccan winters I have developed irregular seasonal expectations. Paris is not Siberia, after all. It dropped below freezing for only a couple of weeks.

After breakfast I headed to work. With a smile on my face and a skip in my step, I left the apartment courtyard into the great urban outdoors.

I immediately had to hunch my head into my jacket, for I had no scarf. I might have even shivered. And then I looked up at the misleading sky.

We're getting there, but we haven't arrived yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment